This month, our GoRock.com community of rock painters will be painting rocks toward a donation to the charity, Water.org. Each time our community paints 500 rocks, GoRock will donate $25 to help Water.org change lives with safe water.
Learn more about GoRock's Rock It Forward program.
Why we chose this charity
Each month, our GoRock.com rock painting community has a chance to vote for which charity they would like to support. For the month of May, our community selected Water.org.
During the month of May, every time our community reaches our goal of painted rocks, GoRock will make a a $25 donation to Water.org. And, when rock finders find our members' rocks, they will also have an opportunity to make a donation to Water.org. Last month, we had over 150 rock finders reach out and ask us for information about how they, too, could make a donation to charity — because they wanted to pay forward the smile our rock painters gave them when they found a painted rock.
Join our GoRock community to paint rocks and participate in Rock It Forward.
About the charity: Water.org
Water.org is an international nonprofit organization that has positively transformed millions of lives around the world with access to safe water and sanitation.
About the water crisis
• 844 million people — 1 in 9 — lack access to water.
• 2.3 billion people — 1 in 3 — lack access to a toilet.
• More people have a mobile phone than a toilet.
• Every two minutes a child dies from a water and sanitation-related disease.
• Water and sanitation-related diseases kill nearly 1 million people each year.
• Women and children bear the primary responsibility for water collection.
• Women and girls spend 200 million hours every day collecting water. This is time spent not working, caring for family members, or attending school.
• Women and girls living without a toilet spend 266 million hours every day finding a place to go.
• Globally, 1/3 of all schools lack access to basic water and sanitation.
Find more information about the global water crisis.
GoRock is a global community of rock painters. We paint rocks, place them out to be found, and then watch as they spread kindness and happiness to those that find them.
GoRock.com was started by a family in Northeast Ohio who loves painting rocks. They knew their rocks were out there spreading kindness and were curious where their rocks traveled. They created GoRock.com as a way to visualize all the kindness by showing on a map where painted rocks travel and providing a way for rock finders to share their photos and stories about how finding a painted rock made them smile. Learn more about our story.
GoRock serves as a champion for spreading kindness and paying it forward.