Effective Date: May 1, 2018
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
1.1 Personal Information
Personal information is information that may be used to identify an individual such as a name, postal address, email address, photos that you upload, GPS location, credit card number etc. ("Personal Information" or "PI"). At the time of collection We will clearly identify the PI being collected and the purposes for which it will be used. It is always your choice whether to or not to provide PI, however, your choices not to provide certain PI may limit your access to certain features and Services offered through the Site ("Services").
We collect Personal Information when you register for a member account on the Site, when you use Our Services, during communications with you and/or when you make payments through the Services, through user support, and/or by way of user benefits, badges or surveys. The information may include your name, email address, age, gender, photos you may upload to your account, credit card nunber and/or postal address. You may decline to allow the Services to collect your location information. Note, however, that opting out of the Services' collection of location information will cause its location-based features to be disabled. You may, however, access Our Site without providing any personally identifiable information other than your end user name and e-mail address.
If you connect to the Site and/or Services using credentials from a Third Party Application such as Facebook or Google, you authorize Us to collect your authentication information, such as your username and encrypted access credentials. We may also collect other information available on or through your Third Party Application account, including, for example, your name, profile picture, country, hometown, email address, date of birth, gender, friends' names and profile pictures, and networks.
1.2 Automated Information.
When you use Our Site and/or Services, We automatically receive and record information from your browser or mobile device and also use technologies such as cookies, beacons, scripts and tags to automaticaly collect user information including:
- Your IP address
- Your browser type
- How you interact with the Site
- Time and date of access
- If you're accessing Our services through one of Our API partners, the name of the application you're using
- The user ID We've assigned to the account through which you are accessing Our services
- Whether you are a Premium or Basic member
- Files/listings/content accessed
- Cookie information
- The page you requested
We place cookies that identify you, or allow third parties to do so on Our behalf, for the following purposes:
- to recognize you automatically when you return to Our Site and to customize certain features and functions;
- to understand your interests in content, both Our own content and that of other companies, on or across Our Site;
- to make an automated record of your activities on Our Site; and
- to manage, track and follow up on email campaigns.
We may receive reports from third party service providers based on the use of these technologies on an individual and aggregated basis. You may use the tools in your browser to decline, disable, or delete automated technologies. You will still be able to log on as a member if you decline or delete certain technologies, certain Site features will not be available.
1.3 Google Analytics.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We collect information for the following purposes:
- Create and manage your account and/or verify your identity;
- Offer and provide Services and information to you including newsletters and email updates;
- Enable you to participate in blogging, forums and discussion groups;
- Display content on the Site and in your user profile such as photos, videos, stories and comments;
- Analyze the use of Our Services (via services like Google Analytics and others), market research, and Site optimization;
- Publish information associated with which rocks you have searched for and/or found;
- Enable you to track other users rocks and travel history;
- Communicate with you about things We think will be of interest to you such as additional products and/or services;
- Provide customer support, review issues with your account or your use of Our Services;
- Authorize payment, whether through secure third party credit card processing gateways or through other payment methods;
- To improve Our Site and Services;
- To customize the content available through Our Services;
- To enable you to login, share information or "like" us through a social network site account, such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and other social networks;
- To advertise on third party sites that you created and/or found a rock.
3. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
3.1 Other Users.
We may disclose personal information to other people who use Our Site or Services if you choose to include personal information, such as yours photos and other content you post when you use the public features of Our Services, such as profile pages, blogs, forums and discussion groups.
We provide location information to Our map providers without identifying you specifically for the purpose of enabling map functionality. Additionally, We may partner with other companies/organizations to provide promotions. If you choose to participate, the information you provide may be shared via Our API or otherwise to enable your participation and to allow the sponsor to contact you
3.3 Non-Affiliated Third Parties
We may share information about you with non-affiliated third parties whose products or services may be of interest to you. We will not share your information with these parties for their marketing purposes if you request that We do not do so. We may, engage in joint marketing activities with selected third parties and may share personal information with them
3.4 Social Media.
We, or Our partners, may share the contents of your user profile, including text, photos and/or display name on social media. If you choose to log in to your account with or through a social networking service, GoRock and that service may share certain information about you and your activities. Additionally, with your permission, We also may share information about your activities on Our Services with that social network's users.
3.5 Third Party Service Providers
From time to time, We employ other companies and individuals to perform specialized functions on Our behalf, such as analytics, secure credit card processing and email service providers. They may have access to personal information needed to perform these functions but will be contractually prohibited from using it for other purposes.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information if We are required to do so by law or We believe that such action is necessary including, without limitation:
- To comply with a legal process, such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order, state or federal law;
- To protect Our rights and/or property;
- To investigate reports of visitors providing false or misleading information;
- To protect against misuse or unauthorized use of Our Site and/or Services;
- To prevent or investigate reports of suspected or actual illegal activity; or
- During emergencies, such as when We believe someone's physical safety is at risk.
3.7 Business Transfers.
We reserve the right to transfer any information We have about you in the event We sell, merge with another company or transfer all of or a portion of Our assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
4. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
4.1 Security Measures.
GoRock has implemented security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of your personal information. We protect your account information through the use of a password. To protect the confidentiality of your information you MUST keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. We also work to protect the security of your credit card information during transmission through the use of third party payment processors using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you input. We only provide access to your personal information to Our employees and/or third party service providers or partners who have a need to know in order to perform their obligations.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, while We follow accepted industry standards and implement reasonable security practices to protect personal information, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
5. YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES
You can always choose not to provide personal information, even though it may be needed to use Our Services.
You may opt-in to receive marketing communications from un-affiliated third parties and can unsubscribe from any other emails your receive from GoRock.com if you do not want to receive Our newsletter or marketing communications from us, you can click the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email you receive. This will not affect Our ability to send you communications regarding your account.
If you do not want to receive emails from us about activities related to your rock or a rock you select to track, simply log into your account and set the notification preferences.
6. HOW YOU MAY ACCESS, CHANGE OR DELETE INFORMATION
Access "Account Settings" to change or delete information yourself. If you need help or have questions about changing or deleting the information We have collected, please email us or write to us at GoRock LLC., Attn: Corporate Counsel, P.O. Box 24305, Cleveland, Ohio 44124 or email us directly at [email protected] To ensure that We can continue to provide the Services, perform security functions (for example, authenticating your identity), and keep your Account available, you are precluded from deleting certain PI, device information, and usage information.
7. RIGHTS TO TERMINATE YOUR ACCOUNT
8. POLICY REGARDING CHILDREN
This Site is intended for a general audience. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 on Our Site. If We learn that personal information of someone less than 13-years-of-age has been collected through the Site, then We will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your minor child has obtained an account without your consent, then you may alert us via email at [email protected] and We will delete that child's personal information from Our records.
9. INTERNATIONAL USERS
This Site is offered in many different countries. Please be aware that any information you provide to us or that We obtain as a result of your use of the Site may be processed and transferred to countries other than the country in which you are a resident, including to the United States. The information may be maintained or accessed in servers or files located in the United States under United States privacy laws. If you do not consent to having your information processed or stored in the United States or in another country that is not your own, please do not submit it. The privacy and data protection laws in other countries, including the United States, may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence. By using the Site and/or by providing us with your information, you consent to this collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the United States or another country that is not your country of residence.
10. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
California law permits users who are California residents to request certain information regarding disclosure of their personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send us an email at [email protected] specifying that you seek your "California Customer Choice Notice." Please allow thirty days for a response.
12. THIRD PARTY LINKS
13. AMAZON ASSOCIATES PROGRAM
GoRock is a member of the Amazon Associates Program, which means we make it easy for you to discover the wonderful painting supplies we’re featuring in our posts and videos. We may include links in our posts that can be defined as “affiliate links”, which help keep our site running. This means that GoRock may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you purchase a product through the links provided to you. You will not pay more for a product by clicking on one of these links. And, GoRock only includes links for products that we have personally tried and recommend.
14. CONTACT US