Sometimes you’re fortunate enough to have access to rocks right in your own backyard. If that’s the case, then what are you doing reading this!? Head outside, gather some rocks and get painting!
If you don’t have easy access to rocks, here are some ideas of where you can get some.
GREAT PLACES TO GET ROCKS:
- your backyard!
- landscape supply company (tell them you paint and hide kindness rocks and they’ll usually let you fill a bucket for a few dollars)
➡️ Tip: To find rocks in your area, search the web for “landscape supply <insert your city>” and give them a call! See our Facebook Live video for more tips!
- big box home improvement store (usually sold by the bag)
- online (we like these because they’re smooth and make it easy to paint/draw)
NOT SO GREAT PLACES TO GET ROCKS:
- railroad tracks (Did you know? It’s illegal and dangerous to remove rocks on a railroad track. They serve a specific purpose and should never be removed)
- national and state parks (enjoy all the beauty of untouched nature in these parks, but please, leave no trace)
- public or private property
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended. While clicking these links won’t cost you any extra money, they will help us keep this site up and running! Please check out our disclosure policy for more details. Thank you for your support!
Have other tips for getting rocks? Share below! ⬇️