Sometimes you're fortunate enough to have access to rocks right in your own backyard. If that's the case, then what are you doing reading this!? Head outside, gather some rocks and get painting!
If you don't have easy access to rocks, here are some ideas of where you can get some.
Great places to get rocks for painting
- your backyard!
- landscape supply company (tell them you paint and hide kindness rocks and they'll usually let you fill a bucket for a few dollars)
Tip: To find rocks in your area, search the web for "landscape supply <insert your city>" and give them a call! See our video for more tips!
- big box home improvement store (usually sold by the bag)
- online (we like these because they're smooth and make it easy to paint/draw)
Not-so-great places to find rocks to paint
- railroad tracks (Did you know? It's illegal and dangerous to remove rocks on a railroad track. They serve a specific purpose and should never be removed)
- national and state parks (enjoy all the beauty of untouched nature in these parks, but please, leave no trace)
- beaches (Did you know? In some places, removing rocks from beaches is illegal. Stones along the beach help prevent coastal erosion.)
- public or private property
After you get your rocks, follow their journey!
Your painted rocks are out there spreading kindness as they travel. See on a map where they travel and be notified when they're found. Paint rocks with GoRock.com and your rocks will lead to donations to charity.
Have other tips for where to get rocks? Share below!